Thursday, April 8, 2010

Is my child on track developmentally?

This is the #1 question I always received from parents in my classes and at the day school. I thought it was funny until I had my own son. Then I too started to worry and wonder if he was doing the things that all the other children were doing. My advantage was that I had also worked at a private therapy group with speech-language, occupational and physical therapists for children. Haha! So I whipped out the HELP scale (Hawaii Early Learning Profile). Aloha!! It made me feel better to see that skills can develop over a time span (ex. walking 8-14 months) instead of something is wrong with your child if they aren't walking by 12 months. That being said...I am currently working to bring you these charts.

Preschool Chart 2-5 Years (Not HELP)
http://www.unc.edu/~lwatson/classes/sphs207/developmentalcharts.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment